[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent="yes" overflow="visible"][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type="1_1" background_position="left top" background_color="" border_size="" border_color="" border_style="solid" spacing="yes" background_image="" background_repeat="no-repeat" padding="" margin_top="0px" margin_bottom="0px" class="" id="" animation_type="" animation_speed="0.3" animation_direction="left" hide_on_mobile="no" center_content="no" min_height="none"]
So, you're in a jam. You need your data quickly, and your Exec needs it in Excel to do some pivot tables. You're not the best at Salesforce yet, but you know enough to get around. Enter Dataloader.io! During my first few months with Salesforce, this was one of the best ways for me to quickly get data in and out of Salesforce and do it simply. It also helped me learn about the relationships between the different tables in Salesforce while doing so.
For those of you who like data (like spreadsheets) and geek out a bit here and there (but don't have a SF specific background): Dataloader.io is just what it says, data in, data out. It also features the ability to match on text fields if needed. No need to look up Record ID's if you know the name of the Record! For the newbies out there, this is a great way to just experiment with exporting data from Salesforce in a different way from the usual running reports format. This isn't the only tool to be sure, but for a simple interface and a web based dialog - it does the trick!
- Simple interface and three options (Import/export/delete). Case in point - just tried to find Quick Text to load records in another data loading custom tool and I couldn't find it - swing over to dataloader.io and its there.
- Helps to have a backup Data Loader choice in case your main one runs into a snafu.
- Have to use a login to get in (oh well).
- Will teach you how the tables are organized in Salesforce-whether you like it or not.
- Access to all objects from a non-Salesforce standard interface.
For further information about data management tools, check out these resources: